Oilskin is a coating which is leaves the fabric waterproof, windproof and highly durable. All P.L.N. oilskin products are coated by hand with a mixture of linseed oil, mineral spirits and beeswax. The mix creates a smell characteristic for oilskin which will evaporate with the use of your garment.
Oilskin garments have a 'break in' period, where the extra oils leave the fabric as the body heat sets the oils. The breathability and softness of your garment will increase after the 'break in' period.
With proper maintenance of your oilskin product it will last for many years. The below care instructions serve as guidelines for a long life for your oilskin garment:
Please avoid the following:
- Do not wash with warm water
- Do not wash with soap or laundry detergent
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Avoid contact with fire, acid or other chemicals
- In the event of contact with any of the above, rinse immediately with cold or lukewarm water
Please follow the care instructions below:
- For a quick clean, please brush off debris or sponge the garment down with cold water
- Should dirt or stains on your oilskin garment be impossible to remove using the sponge and cold water cleaning combination, it’s best to hand wash the garment in cold water
- Air dry the oilskin coat in a well-ventilated area or outdoors. Make sure it is completely dry before storing inside the cabinet
- Never hang your oilskin coat directly over a radiator, naked flame, or artificial heat when drying
- Once completely dry, it’s advised to re-proof the garment for your oilskin coat to recover its water-proofing quality
To maintain the coated surface of your oilskin product, please follow the steps below:
- To reproof your garment, we recommend using a bar of beeswax to maintain the look and qualities of the oilskin coating
Product is not available in this quantity.